Key Questions to Ask
Planning for your future and that of your family is vital to leaving a legacy. There are so many different financial vehicles available, making it challenging to ascertain what will give you the best return on your investment over the decades of your work life. You have options to ensure you end up where you hope when you retire, or your oldest goes off to college. To get the best results and most success in meeting your financial goals, consider using the services of a professional. For example, you can work with your bank’s financial advisor or hire an independent financial consultant in Jackson, MS. Which one should you choose?
5 Questions to Ask before Choosing a Financial Consultant
To know where you will end up in your wealth-building goals starts with a good map designed with the help of a professional. The financial advisor at your bank may be your first thought because you have an established relationship with them, and you trust them, but it may not necessarily be the right choice for your goals.
Here are five questions you must ask when deciding with whom you should work:
- What type of products do they provide? For example, a bank’s financial services department can offer different investments and sometimes even some life insurance options. However, they may not offer college or estate planning services. As a result, you may not be able to develop a business relationship you feel has your best interests at heart.
- What other services do they offer? You may want more than investment options. You might be looking for opportunities to plan your estate to ensure your family is cared for after you pass away. If you own a business, you need a company you can trust to offer your employees insurance and investment services.
- How does the client relationship work? It is essential to know what kind of access you will have to your consultant and how you can communicate new transactions with them.
- What are the fees? Consider how the bank or financial company charges fees. For example, consider fees charged on your trades, in-person and virtual meetings, and other services.
- How are they paid? Some advisors are paid based on commissions only. This may mean that they might suggest products that will not meet your level of risk comfort. Others may be paid a salary.
- What happens if I move and need to switch banks? That can be done but it can be a hassle. Also, investing with the same institution that you have your checking and savings account can be convenient.
Financial Consultant in Jackson, MS at the Executive Planning Group
Avoid leaving your future in a precarious situation. Instead, choose a full-service solution with a financial consultant at the Executive Planning Group. We offer the right mix of services to help you set up your future your way. Talk to us about products like insurance, retirement vehicles, college planning, and many more. You can even request a quote online.
Call us at 601-982-3000 to speak with your financial consultant in Jackson, Mississippi.
Disclaimer: Securities offered through Valmark Securities, Inc. Member FINRA, SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Valmark Advisers, Inc., an SEC-registered investment advisor. Executive Planning Group is a separate entity from Valmark Securities, Inc. and Valmark Advisers, Inc.