Spring is a time of new beginnings. Winter blahs give way to flourishing flowers, and summer is just around the corner. It also means tax season is here, giving you the big picture of how much money you bring in and pay out in taxes. Just like the New Year gives you opportunities to look back in time and forward to new goals, spring is the next best time to take a deep dive into your financial health. Why not take this time to review your existing life insurance with your preferred Mississippi agent? You can see where you are and adjust for any changes since the previous year. A life insurance agent will help you do exactly that.
5 Reasons to Spruce Up Your Life Insurance during Spring
The holidays are a busy time. Looking over your life insurance at the end of the year may not be feasible. Spring is your next best choice as it is an excellent reminder that life is opening back up from winter’s hold. No matter what season you choose, it’s critical to keep on top of your life insurance needs. Here’s why:
- Your beneficiaries may need to be changed. Those who you previously chose to receive benefits after you die may differ from last year. Reasons include marriage, divorce, the birth of children, the death of a beneficiary, and changes in your employment.
- Your family has expanded. Maybe you welcomed new children through birth or adoption. If so, you will want to ensure the newest additions are cared for properly. This may mean increasing policy amounts or changing beneficiaries.
- You got married (or divorced): Marital status plays a huge part in your life insurance plans. Even if you are married but legally separated, you should review your policy. Your new spouse should be included, just as an ex-spouse should be removed from coverage.
- Your career path has shifted. Think about how your career has changed over the last year. Did you get a new promotion, new job, or start a new business? These events may impact how much benefit amounts are needed.
- You bought a new home or added additional debt. Your life insurance plan may need to increase if you acquired new debt since last year. This is particularly true if you want your loved ones to be able to pay off the family home when you die.
Look Out for Your Family’s Interests with Help from Executive Planning Group
No one else will love and care for your family like you. That is why you strive to ensure they have what they need now. Executive Planning Group helps you ensure they have what they need when you are not around. We offer many options to meet your unique situation. Contact us to speak with an experienced life insurance agent in Mississippi today. Learn more about all of our financial services when you contact us today or request a quote online.
Call us at 601-982-3000 for a review of your life insurance policy in Mississippi.
Disclaimer: Securities offered through Valmark Securities, Inc. Member FINRA, SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Valmark Advisers, Inc., an SEC-registered investment advisor. Executive Planning Group is a separate entity from Valmark Securities, Inc. and Valmark Advisers, Inc.